Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Advanced Style: "a thing to look at whenever you are bummed about the world"

style rookie: a thing to look at whenever you are bummed about the world

I need to get a copy of this book: Advanced Style. It's cribbed from a blog by the same name.

I really love this. I like the idea that senior citizens are looked at with an eye to fashion. It seems like North American culture is really quick to write off aged people as culturally irrelevant, maybe that's changed with more older poeple remaining affluent and relevant to the marketplace.

I think younger women say all the time that they dress like old ladies, I mean I've said the same thing. This is cool because it's OLD ladies dressed like incredibly cool OLD ladies!

I couldn't have been more excited to see Iris Apfel as a MAC coverlady:


And even Bust magazine had a feature a couple issues ago about "The Eccentrics: legendary style icons" who were all well over 60.




And why do these style icons look so amazing? It's because they don't give a fuck right? And you can't help but think that must be part of the wisdom that comes with age.

No comments:

Post a Comment